Monday, November 17, 2014

Library Profile: Everett Public Library

As I explore this new home of mine, I'm exploring nearby library spaces. This series that I'm calling 'Library Profiles' will show off those spaces. Which means, basically, I'm just showing you pictures of awesome libraries. Today I went to the main branch of the Everett Public Library (EPL) in Everett, WA. It's about a 30-40 minute drive north of Seattle.



Even before you go inside, you get the feeling that this place is magical because of the giant book sculpture out front.



You can enter in through the Bookend Coffee Co. that is attached to the library.



This was the first time I ever got a fortune cookie with a cappuccino. It was amazing. And you know what? I will dance as if no one is watching.



The children's area is spacious and colorful. The thing that caught my eye was the fish tank. Just keep swimming, Dory and Marlin! I know Nemo's around here somewhere...


The first floor has a high celling with great natural light.



The view from the second story window was beautiful as well. Why, yes. I will gaze upon the beauty of the sound as I reflect upon historical texts from your Northwest Room.



If you live in Seattle or King County, you can get a library card with EPL for free. I suggest checking this library out (unintentional pun, I promise) and grabbing some coffee from Bookend. For more information about the library or it's history, go to their website

No comments:

Post a Comment