Thursday, February 19, 2015

Library Profile - Sno-Isle Libraries, Lynnwood Public Library

I thought it was about time I paid another visit to a library in the Sno-Isle system, having heard so many good things from all the wonderful people I've met who work there. So, today I visited the Lynnwood Public Library.


Like many of the libraries I have visited in Washington, public art is displayed outside. Here is this cute guy.


And this fantastic piece. 



I noticed upon entering that Sno-Isle has a 'Best Bets' book display of popular titles. A librarian from the Snohomish Public Library once told me that these were popular books that could not be placed on hold. This way, patrons could happen across a book they were looking for while inside the library. King County Library System has something similar called 'Choice Reads' and Everett Public Library has 'Quick Picks.' I love the idea and that the systems share the concept. 


The Lynnwood library is also home to one of Sno-Isle's Creative Tech Centers. This sectioned off area is used for technology programing and open public use. 



The children's area has a lovely aquarium and bright signage.


There is also a designated Teen area and a nice skylight. 


I liked selection of the books in the Friends Book Sale.


And check out the incredible amount of programing they have going on!


It was nice visiting you today!

Best,
Amanda


No comments:

Post a Comment